Slider

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Shinkansen

During my adventure in Japan, I traveled to and from places by taxi, metro, ferry, train and the Shinkansen (Japanese Bullet Train). Unlike the states, I found the public transportation clean, efficient and plush. Stations were full of people briskly walking to there destination and people waiting politely in line. I spent some time waiting for my trains to arrive and explored the many kiosks selling bento boxes, treats, papers, magazines and many other things. My exploration brought back memories from my NYC Subway Musicians Project. As I sat waiting for my train to arrive, I watched a women work at her kiosk with such poise. I snapped a couple of shots of her and wondered what her story was. I would love to go back to Japan and create a project that tells the story of these kiosk workers.