Slider

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Musican @ F Uptown Platform @ Broadway & Lafayette

A continuation of my Subway Musicians Project. 

My experience with the Accordion Man playing on the F line Uptown Platform at Broadway and Lafayette. March Tenth I spent the evening riding the subway lines all over Manhattan on a hunt for Subway Musicians. I had just walked down the steps to the platform and discovered a treasure playing in front of me. With a beanie on his head and sitting on a type of case the man continued to play. There is something about the sound of an accordion that just makes me smile. I began to capture a few images placed a bill in the man's red bucket and continued to photograph.

Like so many of the musicians I photographed in NYC. I do not know this man's name, where he is from or the trials he has faced. But I like to think that I might know. I'd like to think that this  man comes from a large Italian family that is surrounded with love. This accordion man may play in the subway terminals for a few extra dollars but unlike some I believe he really does enjoy it. During the time I spent with this man he never spoke a word. Instead he wore a soft smile on his face and his tender eyes followed me as I photographed. As I left I said Thank You, he gave me a courteous nod and then I departed.



    


 Thank You Musician at Broadway and Lafayette!