Slider

Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Splash of the 70's



I was working on some work for a collaborative art show that my department is creating. The concept was fooling around Provo. Everyone was given an assignment to create a piece of art work based of a random section of Provo they were given. My area (#29) ranged from 300N - 300S and 500E - 900E. So early one morning I drove/walked around my plot of land photographing. I strolled passed this run down laundry mat. The frame of the sign was barely standing and power lines crossed back and forth. The inside of the store was vacant, containing only the shells of the laundry machines. It may be a barren sight to most but I loved it. I may not be a fan of the plain exterior but inside was a colorful treasure trove. The machines were a bright orange color accented by the greenish geometric wallpaper. I've recently had a slight obsession with the weird green and orange tones of the 70's, so this explains my adoration for this old laundry mat.